The Seaside Regional Center was an historic medical facility built in 1938. It is nationally significant as the first institution designed for heliotropic treatment of children suffering from tuberculosis. Its buildings were designed Tudor Revival-style by architect Cass Gilbert. Once named Seaside Sanatorium, it was also used as an elderly home, medical hospital. In 1961 it was then used to treat the people with developmental disabilities through 1996.