Originally named Camp Myles Standish which was used for military training, the Paul A. Dever State School for the mentally disabled was converted to a mental health facility in 1959. The property is around 1,200 acres and originally consisted of 15 L-Shaped dormitory buildings connected by about 1.5 miles of tunnels along with recreational sites. Additionally, a centrally located kitchen was also built with other structures. The facility closed in 1991 due to lawsuits over funding, and the entire facility closed in 2002. The campus was demolished in late 2016.